10 Efficient Martial Art Weapons
2. Hook Swords: An exotic Chinese weapon traditionally associated with Northern styles of Chinese martial arts, but now often practiced by Southern styles as well. If you have doubt in twin hook swords, then you haven’t played “Mortal Combat.” In the “Mortal Kombat” series of games, Kabal and Mavado both use hook swords.
3. Katana: The katana is one of the traditional Japanese swords worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan, also commonly referred to as a "samurai sword." The katana's unique design and in particular its sharpness require quite a few specialized precautions to handle it. Failure to observe these precautions can easily lead to damage to the weapon or severe injury.
4. Nunchakus: Nunchaku is a traditional Okinawan weapon consisting of two sticks connected at one end with a short chain or rope. It was popularized by Bruce Lee in his movies.
5. Chain Whip:The chain whip is a weapon used in some Asian martial arts, particularly traditional Chinese disciplines, in addition to modern and traditional wushu. It consists of several metal rods, which are joined end-to-end by rings to form a flexible chain. Generally, the whip has a handle at one end and a metal dart, used for slashing or piercing an opponent, at the other. A cloth flag is often attached at or near the dart end of the whip and a second flag may cover the whip's handle. The flag or flags adds visual appeal and produces a rushing sound as the whip swings through the air. They also help stabilize the whip, enhancing the user's control. This reduces the risk of the user inadvertently striking themselves.
6. Throwing Knives: Accurate, quite, and deadly, throwing knives have been a large part of martial arts culture for centuries. The art of knife throwing was first used in martial arts or hunting applications.
7. Broadsword: Typically a two handed sword featuring an usually wide blade, sometimes a two edged blade, that is designed for slashing rather than thrusting.
8. Naginata: Due to its massive height, the Naginata was the weapon of choice for battle against mounted infantry.
9. Bo staff: A long staff weapon used in Okinawa and feudal Japan. Usually crafted out of a hard wood such as red or white oak.
10. Shuriken: The primary long range weapon used by ninjas. The shuriken is accurate and deadly while allowing the ninja to remained concealed.
Be sure to let us know what your favorite martial art weapon is. Don’t forget to check out our product review section and make sure you give us a like on Facebook.
- Top 5 Least Practical Martial Arts Weapons You Know You Want
- Popular Martial Arts Weapons that Started as Farm Tools
- Top 5 Most Popular Weapons for the Modern Day Ninja
- Improvised Weapons: What You Can Learn From Jason Bourne - Survival Series Part Two
- Watch the trailer for The Black Ninjas, featuring awesome KarateMart.com weapons and uniforms!
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Try Martial Arts
- Top 5 Gifts for Martial Arts Students
- Jet Li To Be Spokesperson For Martial Arts MMO, 'Age of Wushu'
- 5 Good Martial Arts Styles You Might Not Know About
- 10 Best Martial Arts Movie Moments