UFC Trainer Preview Ensures Your Karate Gear Will Still Get A Workout
With interest in the UFC and MMA in general on the rise (not to mention the wild success of previous MMA fighting games), THQ is looking to target the older male audience that is interested in taking their interests in the MMA to the next level. Unfortunately, if the preview found at video game blog Joystiq.com is to be believed, it looks like THQ may need to be going back to the training grounds with their new title.
"Despite woefully underdone punches and kicks performed without a thought in the world given to form, UFC Trainer consistently praised my lackluster performance. For a game so purportedly focused on training and exercise, Trainer did little in the way of teaching me about any of the fundamentals -- proper form, breathing, and stretching."
"What I saw and played of UFC Trainer, however, left me unconvinced that most gamers should pick up the game for exercise -- let alone just male gamers -- and fully convinced that the few folks who do pick this up may actually end up hurting themselves."
Feel free to check out the rest of the article and decide for yourself it you'll be hitting the virtual gym come June. I for one will not be retiring my MMA Gear anytime soon.
- A Weight Trainer, A Black Belt, And A Comprehensive Physical Fitness Blog
- Ultimate Bo Workout with an Aluminum Staff
- Bruce Lee Remix: Say Hello To Your New Favorite Workout Tune
- How To Teach Yourself Karate From Home
- A Short Tribute To Karate Fighters In MMA
- Top 5 Funniest Karate Videos of all Time
- How Will the New Karate Kid Movie Affect the Martial Arts Industry?
- New Lightweight Karate Uniform for the Modern Martial Artist
- Karate Kid Watch 2012: The Latest Adventures Of Ralph Macchio
- Hot New MMA Gear Hits KarateMart.com