9-Year-Old Indian Boy Soon To Be Youngest Gatka Expert
For those that may not know, Gatka is the traditional martial art of the region, practiced specifically by Sikhs. It focuses on the skilled handling of long wooden sticks for both focused attacks and defense. Imagine Arnis stick fighting, except with sticks that are as long as a sword, and you have a rough idea of what to expect.
Continue reading to learn more about Manpreet and his chosen martial art, Gatka.
(via India Today)
The video starts a bit slow but gives a good look into the art of Gatka
Manpreet belongs to a particularly daring group of Gatka practitioners whose stunts recently earned them recognition in the Guinness Book of World Records. Apparently one of their specialties involves performing Gatka demonstrations with real swords and spiked maces. Suddenly those breaking boards aren't looking so tough after all...
- 53 Year Old VS 21 Year Old: As Amateur As Cage Fighting Gets
- 2018: The Year of the Ninja
- 48 Year Old Bernard Hopkins To Step In The Ring Again
- Florida's Newest Rising MMA Star Is A 9-Year-Old-Girl
- New Sleeping Dogs DLC, 'Year of the Snake' ,Trailer Leaked
- Sticking To Your Plan: A New Year's Resolution Update for Martial Artists
- 9 Year-Old Girl Amazes Britain's Got Talent with Her Martial Arts Skills!