Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?!
“Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script," Bay wrote. "Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of ‘Ninja Turtles’ to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."
Bay’s response comes after he took immense heat for an announcement he made at the annual Nickelodeon presentation that he was making modifications to the original story.
"When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie," said Bay as he took the stage to discuss his new vision for the reptilian reboot. "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable."
According to the original storyline, four baby turtles fall into a sewer and come into contact with glowing radioactive ooze, which mutates them into four kick-a** warriors trained in ninjutsu by an astute rodent, Splinter.
In the original mythology, four baby turtles fall into the sewer and come into contact with glowing radioactive ooze, which mutates them into four bad-a** warriors trained in ninjutsu by astute rodent Splinter. But could the rewriting of the Turtles' origin story dissuade some fans from embracing the newest incarnation? A comic book-to-movie adaptation's worst nightmare is bad pre-publicity, and Bay may have generated that in about 30 words.
Some of our non-fan staff thought it was silly that us “TMNT” purists are upset, hurt, and confused by the Bay’s new mythos of Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo, and Donatello. Sure, we may sound a little crazy, but Bay is flat out DESTROYINGclose to 30 years of love and compassion for transmogrified adolescent reptile ninjas by claiming each turtle of a less fearsome, fighting toxic anomaly, and more of a forest green E.T. with nunchucks. What would Shredder think?!
Give us your opinion on the Michael Bay reboot of “TMNT.” Do you think it will be good for the series or bad? Who would you like to see in it? Don’t forget to check out our product review section and make sure you give us a like on Facebook. COWABUNGA DUDES!
- The Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer Is Here!
- New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer Released
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Are Back Today!
- Possible Villains For New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Revealed
- First Ever Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing Hits Over $50k, Two Days Left
- New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series Trailer Aims For The Kids
- Martial Arts Madness Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Returns!
- Cast List For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Grows
- Kevin Eastman Auctioning Early Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Artwork
- Watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Get Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!