UFC 157 Main Event Over In First Round
Anyone with even cursory knowledge of the main event's fighters would probably be able to make a safe guess as to who wound up taking home the victory in UFC 157 this weekend.
Rousey fans rejoice, the feisty female fighter continued her astounding streak of first-round, armbar finishes and shows no signs of stopping. Challenger Liz Carmouche did put forth a worthy performance for her part. Nearly managing to make it through an entire round with Rousey, Carmouche was briefly able to secure a vicious looking rear choke on her opponent before losing control of it. With Rousey able to take Carmouche to the ground, it wasn't long before the judo champion rolled her way to a signature armbar.
This marked the first time ever in which a UFC main event featured two female fighters, and judging by the amount of cheering going on in that arena, it won't be the last.
We try our hardest to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest martial arts sports and entertainment news! If you've found something you've enjoyed, want to see more of, or just have a comment about, please throw us some feedback in the comments section below!
Want to keep up to date on the newest KarateMart.com Blog Posts? Keep yourself in the loop by following our Google Plus Page!
Did you know we have a Google Plus Page now? Give us a +1 and throw us in one of your 'Cool' Circles. We promise we'll do the same for you!
And don't forget to 'Like' the KarateMart.com Facebook Fan Page! (scroll down for the button)
- UFC 157 To Feature Unprecedented Main Event Fight
- MMA Event Sees Slight Change Of Plans For UFC 146
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Tournament Round Three Is Here
- "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey Repeatedly Reigns In Round 1
- Who Will Host Weapons Wednesday? Round 1! Vote For Your Favorite!
- Martial Arts Weekend Movie Watch: Pirates Take This Round
- Mortal Kombat Legacy Season 2 Trailer Promises Second Round Of Martial Arts Madness