Better Memory Through Tai Chi: New Study Connects Brain Health To Ancient Martial Art
If you or someone you love is at high risk for the devastating disease of Alzheimer's a new study may prove some aid in combating the most familiar symptoms.
A recent collaborative undertaking between University of South Florida and Fudan University (Shanghai) discovered marked increases in brain volume as well as memory function in elderly Chinese. What was the contributing factor to the improvement? According to the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, the seniors were on a regiment of Tai Chi classes for three times a week.
Continue reading for more interesting details regarding this unique study, or check out the link below for the full press release.
Being that previous studies have connected the onset of dementia and other brain deterioration to increased brain shrinkage brought on by age, this study is a tremendous step in the direction of preventing the horrific disease of which many are finding themselves victims of.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! We love to hear from you!
We try our hardest to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest martial arts sports and entertainment news! If you've found something you've enjoyed, want to see more of, or just have a comment about, please throw us some feedback in the comments section below!
Want to keep up to date on the newest KarateMart.com Blog Posts? Keep yourself in the loop by following our Google Plus Page!
Did you know we have a Google Plus Page now? Give us a +1 and throw us in one of your 'Cool' Circles. We promise we'll do the same for you!
And don't forget to 'Like' the KarateMart.com Facebook Fan Page! (scroll down for the button)
- Martial Arts Combat Fueled Fighting Game "Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat" Isn't Winning Over The Judges
- Want To Throw A Better Punch? Train Your Brain First!
- 10 Efficient Martial Art Weapons
- What is the Best Bo Staff for Martial Arts?
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Try Martial Arts
- 10 Best Martial Arts Movie Moments
- LED Weapons for Cosplay and Martial Arts
- Top 5 Least Practical Martial Arts Weapons You Know You Want
- Top 10 Martial Arts Costumes at KarateMart.com
- Top 10 Growing Martial Arts Styles