Self-Defense Technique of the Week - Escaping the Double Chicken Wing
While going to college at Arizona State University, I spent my nights working as a bouncer at one of the popular Tempe, AZ nightclubs. Every so often we had a rowdy customer who refused to leave peacefully and needed to be escorted out of the building, so I found that the best technique I could use to restrain a person without risking much injury to them was a double chicken wing.
Throughout my years as a martial artist, I've been able to find very few people who can escape a double chicken wing that is executed properly. Albert Fabian, a 7th Degree Black Belt in Aiki-Jujitsu was kind enough to bring me to his house and let me record how to successfully escape a double chicken wing.
Please be aware that you can permanently injure someone by using this self-defense technique too forcefully on their arm. Be careful!
Video 2: How to Escape from a Double Chicken Wing
Be sure to check back for next week's self-defense technique!
- Self-Defense Technique of the Week - How to Escape a Headlock
- Self-Defense Technique of the Week - Escape the Sleeper Hold
- Self-Defense Technique of the Week - How to Escape a Full Nelson
- Free-Standing Wing Chun Wooden Dummy Product Review
- Double Dragon Fans Rejoice! A New Martial Arts Adventure is Underway
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Double Feature Hits KarateMart.com Blog
- Martial Arts 80's Style In Newest Double Dragon Gameplay Video!
- Martial Arts Fighting Game Gets An 80's Facelift This Wednesday In Double Dragon Neon
- New Kung Fu Movie Double Trouble Hits Theaters This Weekend, Stars Jackie Chan's Son
- It Came From The Internet: Self Defense Techniques You May Never Want To Try