How to Make a Metal Bo Staff
The things you will need to make a metal bo staff are as follows:
- Metal Tube - In my previous video, I was lucky enough to find a really nice stainless steel curtain rod, but in this video I found an aluminum tube that worked out very nicely. When choosing your tube or curtain rod, be sure to choose one that is long enough and also one that is the correct diameter for the bo staff you would like to use. Generally, staffs have a diameter anywhere from 3/4" to 1 1/4". I chose a 1 1/4" diameter for this staff and went with a 76" length. To determine the correct length for you, you will want to ask your instructor, because depending on the martial art and your instructor, you may be required to use a specific size. Metal tubes also come in different materials and wall-thicknesses, so it's important to find something that is a heavy and durable as you need depending on how you are going to use it.
- 2 Furniture Caps. These are sold at most hardware stores and come in a variety of sizes. Choose some furniture caps that fit your tube snuggly.
- Pipe Cutter - These come in many different sizes. Just choose one that opens large enough for your tube. I chose a very inexpensive one that they had at the hardware store.
- Tape Measure
- Marker, Pencil or something to Draw on the Metal Tube
- Epoxy, Gorilla Glue, Silicone or some other sort of adhesive to hold the furniture caps into your tube.
That's it! Now, watch the video to learn how to make your metal bo staff!
Here's the video:
- How to Make a Metal Escrima Stick
- Metal Bo Staff 2.0 - The Next Stage of Staff Evolution
- Metal Bo Staff: Steel vs Aluminum
- Collapsible Bo Staff 2.0: The Next Generation of Staff
- Make Your Own Sub-Zero Halloween Costume
- Make Your Own Jedi Halloween Costume
- Make Your Own Master Wu Halloween Costume
- Make Your Own Iron Fist Halloween Costume
- Chuck Norris: The Movie Spoof Trailer Probably Won't Surpise You, But It Will Make You Laugh
- New Metal Tonfa for Training