Dark Shadow Ninja Sword
Besides being armed with shuriken, or other booby trap type instruments, ninjas also carried a classic sword for slicing through guards or, let's be honest, chopping up fruit. This shadowy blade is hand forged of 1045 high carbon steel, and with an added alloy, this sharpened blade is black through and through. This is helpful for not drawing attention as you draw the katana from the sheath, in either the day or night. With a matte black wooden scabbard, and a black faux rayskin covered handle with black cotton cord wrapping, this sword is the ultimate stealth weapon! The only place it can reflect light is from the brass habaki that helps to secure the blade to the handle, and the silver buckets of the shoulder strap. Otherwise, you are cloaked in darkness.
Ninjas were obsessed with survival, and the aggressive guerilla tactics they used were a last ditch effort to survive. Having a high quality blade would mean the difference between life and death in many situations. This ninja weapon reaches 44 inches long in the scabbard, which holds the 28.5-inch long full tang blade. The total weight is 3 pounds 13.5 ounces, so you can use the long adjustable shoulder strap to cinch in saya behind your back as you travel from roof to roof. At about 2.5 pounds for the actual sword, you can swing this black beauty around without a problem. If you do have to make contact with a guard or rival shinobi, the squared handguard will protect your fingers from incoming strikes, and you will also have the saya spike, a 2.25-inch hand plastic point at the end, as an auxiliary weapon to poke and push an enemy away. Being obsessed with survival, ninjas would use any tactic or means to get the job done!
Whether you are contracted for an espionage mission or adding to your collection of katanas, this Dark Shadow Ninja Sword will prove to be a (not) shining addition to your wall. Keep this sharp steel blade around for display or protection, as you go about your daily warrior business. But make sure to have it on hand when night falls and you become a shadow!
Dark Shadow Ninja Sword Highlights:
- Made of 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Hand Forged Sharp Black Blade
- Wooden Saya with Matte Black Finish
- Black Tsuka-Ito and Rayskin Handle
- Brass Habaki Handle Connection
- Squared Tsuba with Kanji Cutout
- Blade Length: Approx. 28 1/2"
- Sword Length: Approx. 39 7/8"
- Total Length: Approx. 44"
- Sword Weight: Approx. 2lbs 7.5oz
- Total Weight: Approx. 3lbs 13.5oz
- Handguard: Approx. 2 7/8" square
- Saya Spike: Approx. 2 1/4"
- Over 3 Feet of Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- Smooth Scabbard and Decorative Grip Sections
- Hard Black Plastic Spike Decoration
- Excellent Addition to Ninjustu Collection
- All-Around Ultra Stealth Shinobi Sword
*Sword stand not included.
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org