Is New Martial Arts Armor the Future of Weapon Combat?
Keep reading to learn more about how this one-of-a-kind suit plans to sweep the legs right out from under the world of combat sports.
With the (still) rising success of hand-to-hand combat sports, the public thirst for martial arts contests has been demonstrated. The Lorica is designed with the next evolution in mind: Weapons combat. At the moment there is no safe way to hold a direct contest of weapons skills between two combatants. Now imagine a scenario in which two armed fighters, safely housed in the Loric suit, are able to hack, slash, stab, and slice their way to a victory while those 52 sensors do all of the hard work of calculating the real world equivalent of the damage sustained from each successful blow. Interested? You aren't the only one.
According to UWM, there are talks to broadcast a tournament as early as 2015. Imagine finally getting to see a ninja square off against a samurai. Or how about a master of the bo facing off against a nunchaku expert? Suddenly all of this writer's Soul Caliber's fantasies are about to be very real, very soon.
- Martial Arts Combat Fueled Fighting Game "Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat" Isn't Winning Over The Judges
- Spiked Combat Club and Other New Weapons!
- Urban Combat Kama and Other Lethal Weapons!
- Spiked Battle Club and Other Combat Weapons!
- Modern Combat Morning Star and Other Lethal Weapons
- New Taken 2 Trailer Guarantees Vicious Close Quarters Combat At A Theater Near You
- New Weapons Tested: Stun Gun, Bowie Knife, Wakizashi and Combat Knives
- Which Throwing Weapon Would You Choose?
- Which Weapon Would You Choose To Defend Yourself?
- 5 Deadly Sai Weapon Types