Double Bladed Medieval Axe
Popularized in the Middle Ages, but probably used by the Vikings before that, was the double headed axe. It was as simple as putting two blades onto one handle, and swinging it twice as much. This durably constructed 440 stainless steel version has two sharpened blades that reach almost 7 inches long each. You would expect this dual chopping axe to be twice as heavy, but it weighs under 3 pounds! If you don't want to mar the blades, then hang it next to your suits of armor or other bludgeoning weapons with the included wall hanger. With the black textured wooden handle supporting this solid steel slicing machine, it is no wonder these medieval labrys came into style!
This double-bitted axe has a heavy duty wooden handle that has an antique finish covered in black paint, giving the shining steel a dark opposition. And what better way to decorate this already lethal double blade than with spikes?! The accented spike rings around the handle and pommel are slightly rounded, so they won't stab you as you hold this ax weapon, but they give a great battle aesthetic. Similar to chain mail from the realm of knights, is the wire wrapped handle that is surprisingly smooth to the touch, showing that this entire dual axhead weapon is thoughtfully made. Adding the 2 1/2-inch flanged mace crown to the top was the work of a medieval genius.
Bring the power of this axe to your collection, and it will help transform you from a squire into a true fighting knight! Either on horseback, on foot, or on display in your comic-fueled weapons collection, this steel double battle axe brings twice as much slicing action. Bring out your inner barbarian with this medieval weapon of power!
Double Bladed Medieval Axe Highlights:
- 440 Stainless Steel
- Antiqued Black Wooden Handle
- Dual Sharpened Steel Blades
- Smooth Wire Wrapped Handle
- Total Weight: approx. 2 lb 13 oz
- Total Length: approx. 21 1/2"
- Blade Length: approx. 6 7/8"
- Axe Head Width: approx. 8 3/8"
- Wrapped Grip: approx. 4 3/8"
- Display Wall Hanger with Mounting Screws
- Ornamental Flanged Mace on Top
- Rounded Spike Accents Along Handle
- Great Medieval Craftsmanship!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- Questions? Email Service@KarateMart.com