Dark Samurai Pocket Knife
These black katana-inspired folding knives are massive for a EDC weapon, but for good reason. Called a kawaiken, these long slender daggers were clipped and carried on a warrior's inner garment because pockets didn't exist, at least not in the same way as they do now. So when in battle, a samurai would have a katana or wakizashi, and either a tanto or this thin folding blade. These were also carried by the wives of the samurai who only had one place to stash them, which is why kawaiken directly translates to 'chest knife'!
This modern version is made with an all black anodized 3CR13 stainless steel and given a long sharp edge and pointed tip. You'll see when you unfold this giant 13-inch pocket knife that it is large and in charge. Yet, with the slim point at the top, you are still able to maneuver and manipulate the knife to do your bidding. Even at that length opened or folded to about 7 inches long, this samurai pocket knife is only about 6.7 ounces in weight, making it extremely easy to carry around from your hip with the black metal pocket clip.
To add some color to this honorable design, the base of the inner locking liner has a golden color anodized to the steel, which pops out against the black handle and blade. This accent also compliments the handle's tsuka-ito pattern that is molded into the hard ABS plastic, making this oversized folding knife look even more like a katana.
You can see why having one of these kawaiken knives around would be extremely helpful in feudal times, but you can see how it would help out in the modern day as well. When you're looking to add some more length to your collection, or just tired of not having a slim and sturdy steel folder around when you need, then channel your inner warrior and arm yourself like the Dark Samurai.
Dark Samurai Pocket Knife Highlights:
- Durable Construction with Spring Assisted Open
- Black 3CR13 Stainless Steel
- Golden Oxide Accent in Locking Liner
- Katana-Inspired Textured Handle
- Sturdy Metal Belt Clip
- Length Folded: 7" (approx.)
- Length Unfolded: 13" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 6" (approx.)
- Total Weight: 6.7oz (approx.)
- Modern Wearable Weapon with Historical Ties
- The Smallest Katana or Largest Pocket Knife Around!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org