These shinai are made from bamboo slats that are tied together with string. The bamboo is lightweight and flexible so that the kendo sword is lightweight and won't do too much damage.
For the forms of kendo (ni-to) that use two swords, this mini shinai is the perfect length and weight for the shoto wielded in your left hand while you weild the daito shinai in your right.
Whether you are interested in changing up your kendo or iaido sword training with wakizashi techniques or you need a mini shinai to practice for someone who is, like, really tiny, the mini shinai is the perfect bamboo sword that's built just like a longer shinai. Except, you know, the length difference.
Kendo Shinai Details
- Total Length: 21"
- 5.5" Handle
- 16" Blade
- Durable Bamboo Slates Tied Together with String
- Leather Handle Construction
- Includes tsuba (hand guard)
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org