White Samurai Katana
You can find almost any print you want on a sword sheath these days, but something about the purity and glow of a solid glossy white saya makes it more sophisticated and classy than a fire-breathing dragon or bright colored patters (those are cool too). The blade itself is hand-sharpened with care, and is given a aesthetic hamon line, or the wavy pattern along the fine edge, an iconic part of any authentic katana. Stretching 40.5 inches long, this piece will be a great start to your collection sitting on your wall. There is a real blood groove along the back spine of the blade, and the 1045 carbon steel shines brightly when you pull it out of the snow white scabbard.
This Samurai weapon is crafted to have the sharp edge for light cutting use, and is considered battle-ready, and weighs about 3 pounds total. But after the demonstration or cosplay event, make sure the re-sheath it into the PVC scabbard, a modern innovation that prevents moisture-caused mold growth or warpage. The high gloss of the white saya pops even more when juxtaposed against black spun nylon rope that ties around the sageo, most commonly used to attach the scabbard to the waist or for gripping while you pull out the 28-inch steel blade. The handle that you grasp also compliments the white with white synthetic rayskin covering the wooden grip, which then has a traditional tsuka-ito wrap of black nylon rope. The diamond patterned holes show the brass-colored menuki dragons attaching the rayskin to the handle, and giving a slight shine when they catch the light just right.
Your display* and demonstration White Samurai Katana will come in a ornate red display box, but it will look best sitting on a shelf in plain view. Make sure to practice the smooth movements of manipulating this long blade, taking care to admire the metal handguard with golden kanji characters, or the shining dragons that bring a protective spirit to this sword. This ninja sword is a great beginner weapon for those practicing forms, or admiring the form and craftsmanship of those who make these blades. Like freshly fallen snow, this white katana whispers to those who listen.
White Samurai Katana Highlights:
- Full Tang Hand-Sharpened Blade
- Made of 1045 Carbon Steel
- Solid White Glossed PVC Scabbard
- Decorative Hamon Line and Blood Groove
- Synthetic White Rayskin on Handle
- Black Nylon Cord Wrapped Sageo and Tsuka-Ito
- Bronze-Colored Metal Tsuba and Kashira
- Total Length: 40.5 inches (approx.)
- Katana Length: 40 inches (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 inches (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3 inches (approx.)/li>
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 4.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 15.5oz (approx.)
- Antiqued Plastic Menuki Dragons
- Decorative Red Box with Yellow Liner
- Demonstration and Battle-Ready Katana
*Sword Stand not Included
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org