Samurai Warrior Katana
Hand forged with 1045 high carbon steel, the blade is straight and true. Anodized to be black as the night, the blade reaches 28.5-inches and has the distinct curve of most modern katanas. The steel is tough and will keep the fine edge of this warrior's sword for many years and many cuts, provided you care for the blade after light combat demonstrations. The all black steel leads into the handle with a metal habaki bracket that helps the dangerous end fit securely into the scabbard.
The handle of this display sword complements the blade as well. First wrapped with a layer of black imitation ray skin, the tsuka is then wrapped with a tan and white striped cord in a traditional pattern. The layers provide a comfortable grip that won't move around due to the expert wrapping and non-slip materials. Securing the handle on each side are two zinc brackets, decorated with the same cloud swirls found on the rounded 3-inch tsuba, or handguard. This black anodized ring protects your fingers from incoming samurai attacks that are aimed at the handle.
The black blade is housed in the wooden scabbard that has been sanded smooth and lacquered to protect from moisture. On the bright natural grain of the wood is a print that tells quite the story. In shades of gray, there stands a samurai is full fighting armor facing an angry dragon. Above and below the battle are detailed buildings, clouds, and roses that have a splash of red color. This makes the flowers pop out of both the print and off the wood with their subtle beauty. This curved saya fits the blade perfectly, and brings harmony to the dark blade and ominous scene depicted on the outside.
With a total length of just under 41 inches, and a total weight of almost 3 pounds, this weapon of ancient decent will travel well with your costumes or other fighting gear. The 39.5-inch sword will sing as it swings around to practice your moves. The sageo, or robe attachment, is the same tan and white cord that wraps the tsuka and will give you a way to attach this detailed masterpiece to your side. The forces of the world are always in flux, and you must know yourself and your sword to help keep the balance.
Samurai Warrior Katana Highlights:
- 1045 High Carbon Steel Black Blade
- Sharpened Fine Edge with Pointed Tip
- Blade Length: 28 1/2" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 1/2" (approx.)
- Sword Length: 39 1/2" (approx.)
- Overall Length: 40 3/4" (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2lbs 4.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 14oz(approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3" (approx.)
- Rounded Handguard with Cloud-like Swirls
- Black Menuki Dragon Handle Pendants
- Sanded Wooden Scabbard with Black and Red Print
- Detailed Graphic of a Samurai and Dragon
- Complementary Tan and White Cord Wrapping
- Natural Wood Grain for a Raw Aesthetic
- Black Cloth Bag Included for Storage
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com