Last Samurai Sword Set
Samurai of the Muromachi and Edo periods wore katanas, wakizashis, and tantos under the mandates of the government, but each sword they carried also served a different purpose in combat. The long katanas were used on the battlefield to cut down enemies, in duels, or for protection. Wakizashis, as shorter swords, were preferred for indoor fighting, with katanas customarily left at castle doors before entering. The shortest of the three, tantos, were stabbing daggers used as self-defense weapons.
Like the daisho sword sets of old, this authentic samurai sword set includes three matching weapons. Each sword has a black cotton wrapped tsuka (handle), the diamond pattern of the tsukamaki crossing over the textured white imitation ray skin handle. Underneath the wrappings are black dragon menuki (handle ornaments), so detailed that the individual scales are visible on the dragon's body. The length of each handle is proportional to each blade's length. The longest sword, the katana, has an 11 inch handle. The shorter Japanese style swords, the wakizashi and tanto, have handle lengths of 9.5 inches and 5 inches respectively. Each samurai weapon has a black finished kashira (pommel) and fuchi (collar). Both the katana and wakizashi also have a black metal tsuba (guard) with a sunflower design. Associated with adoration, loyalty, and longevity in Japanese culture, sunflowers are fitting symbols for these beautiful swords.
These three matching samurai swords have genuine hand forged blades. Crafted from 1045 carbon steel, these sharp blades have wavy notare style hamon lines and blood grooves. The 27 inch long katana blade and 19.5 inch long wakizashi blade both have engraved kanji inscriptions on one face of the blade, while the 9.75 inch long tanto blade is plain. For protecting the integrity of their blades, each handcrafted sword has its own wooden scabbard with a glossy black lacquer finish. Black sageo cords are wrapped around the sheaths, the gold colored shito-dome visible under the intricately tied cords. Each hand made samurai sword also has its own black cloth sword bag with a tie.
This matching daisho samurai sword set includes a black wooden sword stand for displaying all three weapons. With the 17 inch, 14 ounce tanto on top, 32 inch, 2 pound 3.5 ounce wakizashi in the middle, and 40.5 inch, 2 pound 10.5 ounce katana on the bottom, this display these three hand forged Japanese style swords set is sure to stand out among the other katanas in your collection.
For those interested in Japanese culture and samurai history, the Last Samurai Sword Set makes the perfect addition to a weapons collection. Get your set of handmade matching samurai swords today!
Last Samurai Sword Set Highlights:
- Matched Daishō Sword Set
- Includes Three (3) Handmade Samurai Swords:
- Katana - Long Sword
- Wakizashi - Short Sword
- Tanto - Dagger
- Hand-forged 1045 Carbon Steel Blades
- Notare Style Hamon Lines
- Matching Handles and Sheaths
- Detailed Dragon Menuki (Ornaments)
- Black Cotton Tsukamaki (Handle Wrap)
- White Colored Textured Tsukas (Handles)
- Black Lacquered Wooden Scabbards
- Gold Colored Shito-Dome
- Black Sageo Cords
- Black Cloth Sword Bags with Ties
- Black Wooden Sword Stand - Displays All Three!
- Black Metal Sunflower Tsuba (Guard)
- Kanji Inscribed Blade
- Length Sheathed: 40.5 inches
- Weight Sheathed: Approx. 2 pounds 10.5 ounces
- Blade Length: Approx. 27 inches
- Handle Length: Approx. 11 inches
- Sunflower Tsuba (Matches Katana)
- Kanji Inscribed Blade (Matches Katana)
- Length Sheathed: 32 inches
- Weight Sheathed: Approx. 2 pounds 3.5 ounces
- Blade Length: Approx. 19.5 inches
- Handle Length: Approx. 9.5 inches
- No Tsuba (Guard)
- Length Sheathed: 17 inches
- Weight Sheathed: Approx. 14.0 ounces
- Blade Length: Approx. 9.75 inches
- Handle Length: Approx. 5 inches
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- Questions? Email Service@KarateMart.com