Wilderness Survival Axe
The blade and handle are black all over, coated with an anodized layer to give both the steel and aluminum alloy corrosion-resistant protection, as well as a non-reflective finish. The sharpened axe blade is almost 5 inches long, with a perpendicular blade of about 3-inches protruding from the back. This axe butt blade is able to be used as a hoe for chopping and digging, or moving around earth to help with your task. The axe head itself has three different sizes of hex wrench punched through the stainless steel, giving you access to it while you are hard at work.
The handle of this multi-purpose survivalist weapon is made of thick aluminum alloy and covered with a fine knurling pattern that offers unbeatable non-slip traction. Inside the two-piece handle, you'll find a nested straight blade that also has a serrated sawback and a bottle opening pry bar. This is incredibly handy for when your two axe blades are a bit too big for the cutting task. While this knife is protected inside of the handle during use or not, the blades on the hatchet come with a sheath designed and fitted to both. The cover sheath is made of a thick woven nylon with a camouflaged army print.
The base of the handle has some serious tools, giving you superior survival prowess and power. The base section unscrews to reveal an ice or glass breaking spike with a reinforced pointed tip. After detaching the spike, you'll find a ferro rod, or striking stick to start a fire, as well as an emergency whistle that can get as loud as you want. The very base of the handle holds a compass inside, with a piece of paracord coming out of the bottom to give you a wrist strap. You can also use the cord to hang this 17.5-inch versatile axe around your camp so that everyone can use it. Just make sure they know to put it back where they found it!
Nesting tools that collapse into themselves and can be used for various functions are a outdoorsman's dream. The sturdy and well-crafted pieces all fit together seamlessly, and with a total weight of just over 2 pounds, this axe can provide you with a whole pack's worth of gear in just one weapon. Strap this SHTF axe to your bag and hit the trail out into the great unknown!
Wilderness Survival Axe Highlights:
- Black Anodized Steel and Aluminum Alloy
- Sharpened Axe Head with Sharpened Flat Axe Butt
- Sharpened Nested Knife with Serrated and Fine Edges
- Three Hex Sockets Through Steel Axe Head
- Bottle Opener and Glass Breaker Spike
- Whistle and Ferrocerium(Flint) Rod
- Compass Inside the Base of the Handle
- Lanyard Hole with Paracord Loop
- Axe Head Length Across: 7 3/4" (approx.)
- Axe Blade Length: Front 4 3/4", Back 2 3/8" (approx.)
- Nested Knife Length: 3" (approx.)
- Axe Length: 17.5" (approx.)
- Axe Weight: 2lbs 2.5oz (approx.)
- Double Camo Print Nylon Sheath to Protect Blades
- Easy to Break Down and Extensive Knurling Grip
- Great Gift for Outdoor Enthusiasts!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- Questions? Email Service@KarateMart.com