Military Trench Dagger
This thick spear point knife has a sharpened blade on each side of the 1095 high carbon steel. The pointed tip and double edge blade make it a danger to any enemy that is within reach of the 11 sharpened inches of steel. This version of the historic knuckle knife has a colorful finish of Patina, or chemical and heat treatment, which protects the steel from environmental corrosion as well as giving it a stunning pattern on the steel.
These fixed blade knives were the go-to combat weapon in the trenches, because even if the blade was broken or bent, the handle offered a way to block incoming strikes. The original Mark 1 had large steel knuckle guards that had small pointed spikes on the outer edge, and this trench dagger has done one better. The handle is a solid brass knuckle with elongated finger holes and unsharpened spikes on each hole, giving the warrior a dramatic pound for pound upgrade with every punch. The base of the handle also has a large metal spike, commonly called a 'Skull-Crusher', that was used to stun and disarm foes, or break through glass that was in the way to safety.
Keep this excellent display item in good condition to keep the steel treatment shining like new, or take this knife out and test to see what it's made of! Either way, you'll have a high quality fitted leather sheath to carry it around, complete with detailed stitching and a belt loop. With the war to end all wars now in the recent past, you can keep the memory alive by showing off and telling the tale about the 'U.S. 1918' stamped on the handle.
Military Trench Dagger Highlights:
- Thick 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Colorful Patina Metal Finish
- Double-Sided Spear Blade Shape
- Elongated Brass Finger Guard
- 'US 1918' Stamped into Solid Brass Handle
- 1/2"-Thick Spiked Knuckle Guard
- Blade Length: 11" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 5" (approx.)
- Total Length: 16" (approx.)
- Total Weight: 1 pound 4oz (approx.)
- Skull Crusher Steel Spike on Pommel
- High Quality Black Genuine Leather Sheath
- Sheath has Belt Loop and Fine Outer Stitching
- A Vibrant Homage to the Mark 1 Trench Knife!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org