Spring Steel Chinese Pudao
This sharpened combat sword is crafted with 65Mn spring steel, which is usually used for creating large and strong mechanical springs. The steel has a level of flexibility that would make a gymnast jealous, since it won't lose shape if it comes into a bendy situation. This means that all 27.25-inches of the razor-sharp blade can withstand the fight. The pointed chisel-style tip is fashioned after many classical Asian weapons that preferred wide blades to the thin European designs of the same time period. With decorative double fullers running down the spine, this battel ready weapon has the attire and the cutting power for your demonstrations.
To control this massive full tang blade, the handle is roughly 22 inches long and wrapped with a black cotton cord. This prevents any slippage when swinging this sword in a fight, keeping both you and the others safe while filming or during a choreographed reenactment. The cushioned grip is comfortable, but you'll feel all 3 pounds 13 ounces of the pudao as it whips around in the air. The end of the handle has a large pommel ring, measuring 1 3/8-inches in diameter, which was traditionally used for lacing decorative tassels to the end. You can add your own tassels, and you can easily hang this almost 50-inch long and impressive Chinese-style sword on the wall of your armory.
Some dadao swords come heavily decorated with fabric and detailed brackets, making them excellent honorary gifts and display weapons. While this spring steel sword will still look epic on your wall, it is only finely decorated on the handguard, or tsuba. The oval shaped zinc aluminum guard has swirled engraved all over, giving your fingers protection while looking great. With a shining golden color finish, this rounded handguard speaks of a weapon for a warrior who prefers life simple and sharp without too many extra frills. Just a well-crafted pudao sword and a desire for honor.
The sharpened blade of this hand sword can be concealed and transported with ease using the included black faux leather sheath. This cover is custom fitted for the blade shape allowing for safe carrying and it has snapping fasteners to secure it shut. From the tapered spring steel blade to the durable handle to wield it, this replicated ancient sword will put polearms in their place, and fight with the best of them. Make room in your arsenal for your new pudao today!
Spring Steel Chinese Pudao Highlights:
- Sharpened 65Mn Spring Steel
- Full Tang Steel from Tip to Pommel Ring
- Chisel-Type Blade Point with Fullers
- Black Cotton Cord Wrapped Handle
- Large Wrapped Traditional Pommel Ring
- Blade Length: 27 1/4" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 22" (approx.)
- Handguard Dimensions: 3" X 2 1/2" (approx.)
- Total Length: 49 1/8" (approx.)
- Pudao Weight: 3lbs 13oz (approx.)
- Weight with Sheath: 4lb 5oz (approx.)
- Pommel Ring Diameter: 1 3/8" (approx.)
- Rounded and Ornately Engraved Handguard
- Black Fitted Faux Leather Sheath with Snaps
- Make Battles Legendary with this Epic Weapon!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com