Tang Dynasty Dragon Sword
The Tang Dynasty Dragon Sword is a brilliant recreation using this ethos of applying more art than death to the weapons being created. The blade is forged of high carbon steel, is sharpened to a fine edge, and is given a tanto blade point, roughly a 45 degree angle. This 26-inch blade is two-toned, with silver metal on the fine edge and black on the rest. It is actually three-toned, if you count the laser engraved gold colored dragons all along the blade's spine. This decoration would have resembled the Tang time period because, again, their blacksmiths were more interested in being artistic than in being deadly. The sword blade is attached to the handle with a rounded habaki that is highly polished and embossed with a demon dragon face on both sides. The scabbard fits snugly right up to this decorated hilt when you slide the 40.5-ounce sword into the 11-ounce wooden scabbard.
The 12.25-inch handle is the shining decorative piece of this Chinese inspired steel sword. Cast of a durable hard polymer and given a gun metal color, this single piece handle has various detailed scenes across it. There are some gathered people, plant life, and a swirling dragon's body that starts small until it reaches the pommel, where it comes to life with the dragon's face and open mouth creating the base of the handle. With the shining dark gray color and some faux red rubies attached to the sides, this handle is what will stand out from your wall of collectible samurai swords. Even if you display this ancient war weapon with the tanto blade showing, the handle will still draw the eye due to its detailed scenes.
The sharpened blade of this high carbon battle ready sword is a fine work of art itself, and there is a scabbard if you need to transport this weapon around. Made of wood and covered with faux black leather that is woven in a basket pattern, this saya is soft to the touch and has adjustable and detachable straps for carrying. You can display this wonderful dragon-handled sword on your wall, or in the traditional yellow display box that is included. Ready for anything, this artistic yet functional sword will keep you inspired and safe in both times of peace and war.
Tang Dynasty Dragon Sword Highlights:
- Two-Toned Chrome and Black Tanto Blade
- Sharpened High Carbon Steel
- Golden Laser Etched Dragons
- Watchful Dragon Icon on Hilt
- Blade Length: 26 inches (approx.)
- Handle Length: 12.25 inches (approx.)
- Overall Length: 42 inches (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2 pounds 8.5 ounces (approx.)
- Total Weight: 3 pounds 3.5 ounces (approx.)
- Wooden Scabbard with Black Woven Pleather
- Adjustable and Detachable Carry Strap
- Gun Metal Colored Hard Polymer Handle
- Decorative Scenes and Faux Rubies on Handle
- Roaring Dragon Head Pommel
- Designed for Decoration and Display
- Traditional Yellow Display Box Included
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- Questions? Email Service@KarateMart.com