Hand Forged Chinese Pudao
While many podao are used for demonstrations in wushu techniques, this hefty swinging weapon will be better fitted for showing off at the next battle reenactment event. The hand-forged sharpened blade is made of high carbon 1045 steel, and has not been sanded smooth. Rather, after the oxidation process of adding black powder to the metal and allowing it to cool, the rough surface was left to give this blade a truly ancient feel! The sharp blade of this two-handed sword reaches an impressive 25 inches long, almost half the size of this 53 1/2-inch dadao! And you'll need both hands to chop whatever enemies you have, as it weighs about 5 pounds 3 ounces.
To grip this long guandao-style infantry weapon, you'll hold the unfinished wooden handle along the three wrapped sections to give you the most leverage of the lethal end. The pale hardwood is not sanded, and has been lightly singed with flames to give it a rustic look. The itomaki, or diamond patterned wrap is done with black woven nylon rope, and this same rope completely covers the metal pommel ring at the base of the handle. A tassel can be attached to the ring to fling into your enemy's eyes, or to amplify your stillness in between striking forms.
This steel fixed blade longsword has the shape of a classic Chinese combat sword, with a wide blade belly and a sharp counter hook along the spine where the blade becomes the widest. The side of the steel has a well defined ridge that runs the length of this full tang sword, and the tines of the handguard have the iconic up/down tines of a dadao. While you are not wielding this sharp battle polearm around, simply slide on the imitation leather sheath which covers the fine edge entirely while still showing off the hand crafted wooden handle. This display or demonstration weapon will look great once you find a place to hang in among your collection!
Sometimes referred to as a 'reclining moon blade', the distinct shape of this martial arts polearm is well crafted and a handsome display weapon. The burnt wood handle, rough blade texture, and Chinese-inspired design make it hard not to want to swing around. With the right armor and technique, you can do just that! Or leave it to look great wherever you chose to keep it.
Hand Forged Chinese Pudao Highlights:
- 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Full Tang for Durability
- Sharpened Charcoal Color Blade
- Pebbled Texture to Metal
- Unfinished Burnt Wood Handle
- Black Nylon Wrapped Grip Sections
- Total Length: approx. 53.5"
- Blade Length: approx. 25"
- Handle Length: approx. 28.5"
- Handguard Width: approx. 5"
- Pudao Weight: approx. 5 lbs 3oz
- Pommel Ring Diameter: approx. 2 5/8"
- Curved Metal Tines Handguard
- Rugged Looking Blade with Spine Hook
- Wrapped Pommel Ring for Balanced Handling
- Black Imitation Leather Stitched Sheath
- Excellent Wall Hanging Weapon
- Modern Materials of Ancient Polearm
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com