Dark Shogun Spring Steel Katana
This hand forged samurai sword is made of hardened 65Mn spring steel. The higher content of manganese in this iron steel blade makes for a tougher product that will keep its sharp edge through many cuts. Spring steel has more flexibility than other compositions, and that gives this sword an advantage over brittle weapons it may come up against. While this elegant weapon is razor sharp and only 2 pounds 14-ounces with the scabbard, remember to choose your battles wisely. You'll want to take care of the 27-inch long blade after every use.
The fitted wooden scabbard, or saya keeps the expertly crafted steel blade protected from the elements in a dark yet stylish way. The outside has a high gloss finish of solid black with a splattered paint design in a light bronze color. This gives the saya a slight texture for a better grip, and also means that each scabbard is unique to the sword and the owner. The handguard, or tsuba, is a disc made from zinc aluminum that has the outline of ocean waves flowing in different directions. The 3-inch tsuba complements the color of the painted scabbard and will be a talking point for this beautiful display katana.
A warrior wields this spring steel sword from the tsuka, or handle, and there is no shortage of craftsmanship as the weapon continues. The 10.75-inch wooden handle is first carved to the preferred dimensions by the swordsmith, then covered in a layer of real ray skin that is clean and bright white. This is secured with two menuki, or decorative pendants, that give a reference point to the hand while it holds the 2 pound 6-ounce katana. The full length of the handle is then expertly wrapped with a fine black cord in a traditional tsuka-maki pattern to cushion the grip. The cords are secured with a fitted bracket at each end that mimic the bronzed metal of the tsuba waves.
The soft cord wrapping at the sageo on the scabbard is where you will attach this samurai katana to your obi belt, should you need to protect yourself from dark forces. Otherwise, house this artistically designed warrior weapon on your wall to admire and draw inspiration from, letting the 41.5-inch sword decorate part of your home. And should you need to draw the blade instead, know that the sharpened 65Mn steel blade with the enhanced hamon line will not let you down, no matter if you're fighting the shogun himself.
Dark Shogun Spring Steel Katana Highlights:
- Hand-Forged 65Mn Spring Steel
- Enhanced Genuine Hamon Along Sharpened Edge
- Bronze Colored Tsuba of Ocean Waves
- Decorative Metal Fittings on Handle
- Katana Weight: 2lb 6oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lb 15oz (approx.)
- Blade Length: 27 inches (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10.75 inches (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3 inches (approx.)
- Katana Length: 39.25 inches (approx.)
- Overall Length: 41.5 inches (approx.)
- Bronze and White Fabric Cord Sageo Wrapping
- Glossy Black Scabbard with Coral Red Splatter
- Real White Ray Skin Handle Liner
- Wrapped Black Cotton Cord Tsuka-Ito
- Antiqued Metal Menuki Dragons on Handle
- Black Cloth Bag for Storage and Transport
- Gorgeous and Uniquely Decorated Warrior's Sword
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com