Imperial Jintachi Sword
This honorable weapon is 39 inches long with a weight of a little over 2 pounds. The entire Jintachi in its scabbard reaches almost 41 inches long and weighs 3 pounds and 5.5 ounces. The blade itself is quite heavy, since it is 1/4 inch thick on the spine and is tapered down to a fine edge. The full-tang blade is crafted of 1045 high carbon steel, making this 28-inch steel cutter a real force to be reckoned with. The hamon line of this ceremonial blade is artificially created for the aesthetic look, rather than being forged by hand. It adds to the look of the blade without adding to the cost of the katana, as a truly altered steel edge costs much more. While this samurai sword is battle-ready, it may be best to only do light sparring demonstrations and minimal cutting.
The saya of this imperial display weapon is crafted from wood and fits the sharpened blade comfortably. The metal habaki which connects the blade to the handle is finely made and allows the scabbard to slide right up to the tsuba, or handle guard. The tsuba of a sword was an area of artistic expression for the sword maker, giving them a small pallet to show off their embossing and engraving skills, and to create a unique placard for the warrior who they were making the weapon for. The tsuba of this katana is a 4 petaled flower, cast of an aluminum alloy and plated with gold colored metal around the outside. The brackets along the wooden saya are the same, created from a metal alloy, brushed and decorated with golden accents, and engraved with flowers that illustrate the peace-time and tranquility of the weapon.
Popularized by modern anime, these weapons have been taken in by those that normally would never have trained for martial arts. They found a love for the sword's beauty, craftsmanship, and respectable strength. We agree that these weapons are beautiful and should be respected, and that they should never be stored in a dark closet away from eyes to admire them. Give this Jintachi a shining place on your wall or sword stand so that everyday, you are reminded to be great.
Imperial Jintachi Sword Highlights:
- Hand-Sharpened 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Battle Ready Full Tang Blade
- Wooden Saya with Decorative Brackets
- Four Petal Flower Metal Tsuba
- Blade Length: 28 inches (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 3/4 inches (approx.)
- Overall Length: 40 3/4 inches (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2 pounds 5 ounces (approx.)
- Total Weight: 3 pounds 5.5 ounces (approx.)
- Red Pleather Tsuka-Ito Handle Wrapping
- Black Synthetic Rayskin Handle Cover
- High Gloss Burgundy Scabbard Finish
- Gold Colored Metal Alloy Ornamental Brackets
- Elaborate Ceremonial Sageo Wrapping
- Includes Black Cloth Storage Bag
- Royal Display Weapon with Golden Accents
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com