Imperial Guard Katana
The craftsmanship of this samurai sword begins with a full tang 1045 high carbon steel blade that is straight as an arrow and sharp as can be. The traditional outward katana curve of the blade gives you more surface area to slice with, about 28 inches worth. The aesthetic hamon line is added for the taste of the swordsmith, and there are deep fullers added to each end of the spine. The brass-colored habaki makes sure that this full tang blade stays in place as it carries down to the handle.
Being a royal escort takes poise and control, and you'll have plenty of both when you grasp the tsuka, or handle, of this high quality katana. The extended tang of steel is covered in wood scores that is wrapped with a layer of synthetic black ray skin and secured with bright brass-colored menuki pendants. The tope-colored cord wrap compliments the golden accents of the sword and the saya, with a traditional ito pattern wrap to give you comfort and control.
You can carry this battle-ready katana for your whole shift, then get home and place it on display in your home. The steel blade is protected by the wooden scabbard that has a faux black leather wrap that is tightly stitched around it, and shining golden embellishments along one side. This shows your royal status while you are on patrol. With a total weight of 2 pounds 12.5 ounces, you won't dread taking this samurai sword along with you. The tight fit between the saya and the handguard, or tsuba, keeps the blade in great shape even during times of peace.
Whether you wear this black and gold katana for ceremonial purposes, or if you are slicing through whatever crosses your path, you'll be pleased with the black swirling metal handguard, the securly wrapped handle, and the pointed tip of these imperial swords. Good thing the emperor has you on their side, or they may regret training you in the way of the sword and giving you this high carbon steel weapon.
Imperial Guard Katana Highlights:
- Full Tang 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Sharpened Fine Edge with Pointed Tip
- Ornamental Hamon Line and Fullers
- Black Synthetic Ray Skin
- Dusty Gold-Colored Tsuka-Ito Cord
- Wooden Scabbard with Stitched Black Pleather
- Decorative Golden Accents on Saya
- Sword Length: 39" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 27 ⅞" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 ⅝" (approx.)
- Total Length: 41 ⅛" (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3" (approx.)/li>
- Sword Weight: 2lbs 3.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 12.5oz (approx.)
- Brass-Colored Dragon Menuki Pendants
- Black Metal Alloy Tsuba with Circular Curves
- Includes Black Cloth Storage Bag and Sword Stand
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- Questions? Email Service@KarateMart.com