Blue Dragon Handle Katana
Swords were of the utmost importance to the samurai warriors of feudal Japan. The conduct of these fighters is legendary, and that carries over to how they treated their weapons. They would not have touched the 1045 high carbon steel 27-inch blade with a bare hand, only a polishing cloth, nor would they have placed the durable dark blue PVC saya on the ground, as a sign of respect. This hand-sharpened blade has been given a fine edge that would cut time if you let it, so having this battle-ready sword on a wall serves to both impress and protect you every single day. Weighing only 2 pounds 11 ounces, hanging this weapon from your wall won't take extreme measures.
The high value of the samurai katana was also attributed to the decorative embellishments that were common on such weapons. This 41-inch sharpened Japanese-style sword has an intricate 14-inch resin handle with an ivory color and shining faux red gems. The scenes depict gatherings of people, a flying dragon, and various trees and foliage amongst swirling clouds. While the creation of the handle comes from a cast and mold instead of being hand carved, it shows the attention and effort that would have gone into making this sword unique for the warrior who wields it. At the pommel is an open mouthed dragon, with the body wrapping down into the detailed scenes. The 3-inch tsuba has a flying dragon reaching round the sword and offering your hand protection from any incoming strikes from other fighters. This ornately decorated katana will stand out from the other tuska-mati wrapped swords in your collection.
With the polished high carbon steel blade that will keep its edge for a long time, to the modern PVC scabbard that will keep its shape for basically forever, this samurai sword is going to be with you until the next shogun takes power! At about 43 inches long in total, this superb katana is destined for greatness, and destined to adorn your wall to show off to your friends and family. Are you ready to become a samurai warrior with this Blue Dragon Handle Katana? We think so!
Blue Dragon Handle Katana Highlights:
- 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Full Tang Sharpened Blade
- Warp Resistant PVC Scabbard
- 14" Highly Detailed Faux Ivory Handle
- Open Mouth Dragon Head Pommel
- 3" Brass-Colored Aluminum Alloy Tsuba
- Total Length: 42 7/8" (approx.)
- Sword Length: 41"(approx.)
- Blade Length: 27" (approx.)
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 4oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 11oz (approx.)
- Dark Blue High Gloss Saya
- Red Faux Gems on Handle
- Flying Dragon Vented Tsuba Design
- Black Braided Cotton Cord Sageo
- Ideal Gift for all Dragon Warriors!
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org