Dragon Smoke Katana
While this katana is reasonably priced, there is nothing cheap about how it was designed and created. The 1045 carbon steel blade is sharpened and anodized with a black coating. This makes the sori jet black except for a lightning bolt that runs down the length of the 28.5-inch blade, designed to send shocks to all who see it! The gold colored habaki attaches the black blade to the handle that is ornamentally wrapped with black leatherette stripes over faux rayskin, which will keep your grip from shifting during demonstrations or combat. The handle pieces are secured together with black metal menuki dragons that help keep the handle wrap in place, and bring the power of the dragon to the sword bearer.
When closed, the tsuba, or hand guard, will stand out with the bright golden reflections of a metal dragon peeking through the black lacquer coating. This piece an important decorative element to all katanas, and this modern sword is no different. To match the handle and hand guard and their dragon theme is the graphic along the saya, a smoky gray background with the sketched scene of a flying dragon among an ancient city. This roaring creature swirls around the pagodas and buildings with clouds and waves of air, in a brilliant display of size and agility. The top of the scabbard has a sageo wrap of thick brained nylon cord that connects to your samurai belt with the kurigata. The elegant braid matches the refined wrap of the handle, making this sword impressive to look as well as comfortable by your side.
At a full length of just over 41 inches and a weight of 38.5 ounces, this sword lives up to the katana name with the high quality materials and delicate craftsmanship. All the components add up to make this one of a kind samurai sword, with the glossy gray scabbard shining from wherever you rest it. Everyone will want to take a closer look at your Dragon Smoke Katana, and you will surly demonstrate your sword skills with the Dragon Stance!
Dragon Smoke Katana Highlights:
- 1045 Carbon Steel Sword
- Sharpened Black Blade with Lightning Bolt
- Wrapped Leatherette over Faux Rayskin Handle
- Black Metal Dragon Menuki
- Thick Black Braided Nylon Cord Sageo
- Lacquered Metal Tsuba with Golden Dragon
- Gold Colored Metal Habaki with Scale Design
- Glossy Gray Paint on Wooden Saya
- Total Length: Approx. 41 1/8"
- Sword Length: Approx 39 3/4"
- Blade Length: Approx. 28 1/2"
- Tsuba Dimensions: Approx. 3 1/4" X 3"/li>
- Sword Weight: Approx. 2 lbs 6.5oz
- Total Weight: Approx. 2 lbs 14.5oz
- Soft Nylon Bag with Embroidered Golden Kanji
- Exquisitely Detailed Flying Dragon Graphic
- High Quality Materials and Construction
- Excellent Gift and Display Katana*
*Sword stand not included.
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com