Dragon Fire Katana
Starting with the blade, the high carbon steel means sharpening will be a breeze. That is, however, if you even need to, as this blade is already as sharp as she will get, and is decorated with a hamon line along the razor fine edge. The spine of the blade is thicker, and hosts a blood groove that runs the whole length of this lethal weapon. While both of those features are for aesthetics, they create an aura of authenticity for the katana. The sharpened steel blade runs 28 inches long, where it then connects to the handle with a sturdy metal habaki, or bracket, where the metal enters the wooden handle.
The tsuka, or handle, is protected by a metal handle guard with a 3-inch diameter. This tsuba is black with elegant negative space cut in half circles on both sides. It looks great against the deep red of the scabbard, or saya. The handle also has crimson with the wrapped cotton cord tightly woven around the black synthetic rayskin in a traditional katana diamond pattern. The secure handle means that gripping and swinging all 2 pounds and 1.4 ounces of this samurai sword won't get out of your control. The rayskin is further ornamented with one golden brass colored menuki dragon imbedded on each side of the wood handle. When displaying this roughly 41-inch battle-ready weapon, the handle wrap and the textured skin of the scabbard will make it stand out in your collection.
A sharpened Japanese-style katana holds an honor that is more than just a decorative artifact or show weapon, but a symbol of dedication, mastery, and reverence to those who have fought and will continue to fight through time. When a vicious dragon comes to your village and begins wreaking havoc on your loved ones and precious crops, you can pick up your high carbon steel samurai sword and go out to meet your destiny. But until then, enjoy it on display at your home and be sure to tell the tale of a mythical creature who used to scorch the skies.
Dragon Fire Katana Highlights:
- Sharpened 1045 High Carbon Steel Blade
- Dual Sided Blood Grooves
- Simulated Natural Hamon Line
- Wood Saya with Burgundy Dragon Scale Skin
- Faux Black Ray Skin on Wooden Handle
- Red Cotton Cord Wrap Along Sageo and Tsuka
- Round Black Handguard with Minimalist Design
- Overall Length: 41 inches (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 inches (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10.75 inches (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2 pounds 1.4 ounces (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2 pounds 11 ounces (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3 inches (approx.)
- Synthetic Dragon Skin is Soft and Pliable
- Excellent Wall Display or Functional Katana
- Wood Sword Stand with Gold Painted Graphics
- Includes Black Sword Bag
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org