Copper Dragon Katana
Even though they are crafted for display, these katanas are still forged of 1045 high carbon steel and given a razor sharp fine edge. The hamon line, or wave pattern along the edge of the blade, is only aesthetic and so this affordable sword has not been clay tempered. This look is iconic, from history books to popular movies, and pairs well with the long blood grooves that run down the 28 1/4-inch steel blade. When not in use, protect the steel with the wooden scabbard that is fitted for this exact sword. The saya has an embossed print with a metallic copper color shine that shows dragons swirling all around, giving this stylish weapon its name. The saya can be gripped by the sageo wrapping near where the opening is, with the black cord that can be used to string it around your waist for easy cosplay or dojo carrying.
The soft shine of the textured scabbard is complemented by the red and black handle, or tsuka. The diamond pattern is a traditional tsuka-maki that has been used for generations to give you a strong yet soft grip on this 2-pound katana. The black cord wrapping allows the layer of synthetic red ray skin to peak through, creating a stark contrast between the two colors. Also peeking out between the wrap holes are two menuki dragons, which not only help to secure the ray skin to the handle, but bring luck and good fortune to the user of this sword. Along with the dragons on the scabbard, there is going to be plenty of good luck going around with this authentic samurai weapon!
Between the elegantly wrapped handle and the embossed dragon saya is a black anodized metal tsuba, or hand guard. While some medieval swords had long bars and aggressive cross guards to protect the user's hand, these Japanese-style katanas took the minimalist approach and kept these guards small yet effective. The round metal has three fans that make up the protective shield to keep your fingers from getting hit from an opponent's strikes, and your hand from slipping onto the razor sharp blade of your own weapon when wielding. The full sword reaches 40 3/4 inches long in the scabbard, and 39 1/4 inches for just the katana itself.
With a total weight of a little over 2 1/2 pounds, you won't have any issues putting this beautiful weapon on display. One of these battle-ready katanas can be placed on your wall with your arsenal, or rested in the sword stand that comes with it. Keeping this sword in a dark closet somewhere would not be honorable, and it may awaken the dark side of the protective dragon spirit! Designed for display and light sparring, these well crafted swords will keep you safe and inspired for years to come.
Copper Dragon Katana Highlights:
- 1045 High Carbon Steel Blade
- Sharpened Battle-Ready Fine Edge
- Dual Sided Blood Grooves
- Simulated Hamon Line
- Golden Colored Dragon Menuki
- Synthetic Red Ray Skin on Handle
- Black Cotton Cord Sageo and Tsuka-ito
- Round Black Handguard with Fan Design
- Sword Length: 39 1/4" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 3/4" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 29 3/8" (approx.)
- Overall Length: 40 3/4" (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2lbs 1.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 10oz (approx.)
- Tsuba (Handguard) Diameter: 3" (approx.)
- Embossed Copper Color Dragon Print on Saya
- Includes Black Wooden Sword Stand
- Comes in Black Cloth Sword Bag
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org