Red Ronin Katana
Both the blade and the scabbard are a shining blood red, and yet the heart of a disgraced samurai is closer to black. When a shogun was removed from power, all of his loyal fighters were either dispatched or ran to avoid their fate, making them into a ronin. With no leader to defend and no honor left for their name, these sulking samurai turned to a lawless life of crime. The scabbard of this battle-ready katana carries a graphic print of these brutes that were using the sword instead of their minds to solve problems.
Forged of 65 magnesium spring steel and razor sharp, this samurai weapon can cut with confidence. The blade is anodized red with a white lightning bolt running down the spine. Red color continues along the handle, or tsuka, with a layer of synthetic red ray skin. This is covered by a black nylon wrap in a traditional tsuka-maki diamond pattern, and held together with two dragon-shaped menuki. The black cord wrapping is also along the scabbard at the sageo, or the section that is used to attach a sword to a belt. With a weight of about 3 pounds, this weapon will hang easily from your side if you choose to wear it out with your samurai costume, or to take to sparring practice.
When you do encounter a victim of your wrath, the tsuba, or handguard, will be the first thing they see as you draw and point the sword squarely in their direction. This circular metal alloy piece that protects your fingers has been dipped in a black lacquer and been chiseled to show a grimacing warrior's face. The full length of this angry ronin katana is 40.5 inches long, with the blade covering 28 of those inches.
Take home this hand-forged spring steel weapon to keep on your wall, where it will inspire you to be a better samurai. Or maybe a better person. This sharpened weapon can be used for demonstrations, but the blade itself is not designed for high impact fighting. The true beauty of this sword is the high quality metal, and the vibrant colors on the classically wrapped katana tsuka. This blade tells that bitter hearts are always broken, and true warriors will never flee from their fates.
If they lost, they lost it all.
Red Ronin Katana Highlights:
- Full Tang Battle-Ready Blade
- Hand-Forged 65Mn Spring Steel
- Red Anodized Lightning Bolt Blade
- Synthetic Red Rayskin Handle
- Black Woven Rope Sageo and Tsuka-Ito
- Black Metal Tsuba and Kashira
- Total Length: 40.5" (approx.)
- Katana Length: 40" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 3/4" (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3" (approx.)/li>
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 4.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 15.5oz (approx.)
- Angry Warrior Profile on Tsuba
- Evil Samurai Ronin Print on Saya
- Bright Red and Black Contrast on Tsuka
- Soft Black Nylon Cover Bag with Golden Embroidery
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com