Dark Storm Katana
The blade of your weapon is just over 28 inches of sharpened 1045 high carbon steel, complete with a fine cutting edge and a blood groove along the spine. The metal of the blade has an anodized black coating with a yellow cloud pattern all over, giving it a stealthy yet beautiful aesthetic. You hold the 2 pound 1.5 ounce black katana in your hand, letting all of just over 39 inches of this samurai sword show to your opponent who is fighting the wind of the storm on the other peak. This mountain ain't big enough for the two of us, you think as you sheath your sword into the wooden saya. The scabbard holds the lightweight sword nicely, well fitted to it, and the reflection of the black gloss and gold paint drizzle design can be seen in the flashes of white light coming through the clouds.
As you begin cautiously walking down the ridge to seek out a way to attack, you grab the wrapped wooden handle of your sword so the tip doesn't swing down and hit rocks as you run. The soft cotton nylon blend of the wrapping cord is black and weaves a traditional tsuka-maki pattern over the white synthetic ray skin. Securing the handle layers are two brass colored menuki, or handle ornaments, that are in the shape of dragons. Samurai swords from any age tend to have these ornaments as a way to bring the fierce and protective spirit of the mythical creature to those who hold katana handles. Your dark steel blade sword is no different, and you hope the watchful deity is not afraid of thunder.
You scramble quickly up the other side of the mountain peak, and you smell rain in each forceful gust of wind that pushes you back. You look up, but have lost sight of your challenger. You pause and compulsively rub your finger on the 3-inch diameter tsuba, or hand guard, feeling the smooth black anodized metal formed into multiple circles. There is no longer a foe to be found, and large rain drops are starting to fall. After a deep sigh, you again grip the handle of your samurai weapon to keep all 40 inches from hitting the ground, and start to make your way back. The thunderclaps ring out as you descend the mountain, laughing at you for this draw, but you know that the Dark Storm Katana will bring the clouds again another day, when it is really time to fight.
Dark Storm Katana Highlights:
- Made of 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Sharpened Anodized Blade with Blood Groove
- Wooden Saya with Glossy Black and Gold Paint
- Synthetic White Ray Skin Under Tsuka-Maki
- Black Cotton Nylon Blend Wrapping Cord
- Black Anodized Metal Tsuba and Kashira
- Total Length: 40 3/8" (approx.)
- Katana Length: 39 1/8" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10 1/2" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 1/8" (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3 inches (approx.)/li>
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 1.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 9.5oz (approx.)
- Symmetrical Six Circle Design Tsuba
- Decorative Brass Colored Menuki Dragons
- Soft Black Cover Bag Included
- Good for Light Combat or Demonstrations
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com