Eternal Fire Katana
Passion fuels the warrior's spirit, bringing great strength and endurance through trying times. The Eternal Fire Katana has a passion of its own, a burning desire to see the world and not be afraid of what's around the next corner. With a sharpened black blade and comfortable handle to grip, you won't be afraid either once this sword is by your side.
This high-quality weapon starts with the 1045 high carbon steel blade that reaches 28.5 inches long, is anodized with a black finish, and decorated with an off-white bamboo stalk painted along the sharpened fine edge. The bamboo artwork is beautifully applied and follows the fuller down the full length of this sharpened jet-black blade. The steel attaches onto the handle with a bright brass colored habaki, or squared metal bracket that allows the sword to fit securely when tucked into the protective case.
The wooden scabbard, or saya is covered with an embossed print of reptile skin that is deep red and has a glossy finish. The raised skin print could be a dragon, snake, or crocodile so you can create your own tale of how you acquired this exotic faux skin. Another reason to show off this elegant red and black samurai sword. Along the top end of the saya, a black and tan woven cord is wrapped through a hole connecting to the wood, which allows you to string all 3 pounds of this sword from your belt or costume for pictures or demonstrations.
A defining part of an authentic katana are the metal pieces of the tsuba, fuchi, and kashira. These three pieces are attached as the handguard, and the handle brackets on the top and bottom of the wrapped gripping section. On this adventurous katana, the motif of these pieces is a dragonfly, shining a bright golden color against the black anodized zinc alloy, and complementing the decorated black blade. These 4-winged flying creatures effortlessly navigate through the air and delicately perch on water lilies to catch some sun, illustrating how one can be agile and quick while still taking time to relax.
The handle is expertly wrapped with a traditional tsuka-ito pattern that creates diamond shaped holes in the checkered cord. On most katanas, this is a way to show the imitation ray skin underneath the wrapping that helps keep the cord in place and provides a padded grip that won't come loose with extensive use. The ray skin is black and further secured from moving with two golden menuki pendants that are in the shape of protective dragons. The 11 1/8-inch handle is a beautiful show of craftsmanship and matches the roughly 3-inch diameter tsuba in color and style.
This lightweight steel sword stretches a full 40 inches long, and weighs about 2.5 pounds without the scabbard, so you can get some great practice in doing stances and poses without breaking a sweat. The long bamboo stalk on the blade paired with the textured maroon saya make this samurai weapon too cool to keep tucked away in the black cloth storage bag. It needs to be given fresh air, either as a distinctive addition to your collection on the wall, or as a traveling companion that will keep you safe on your adventures.
Eternal Fire Katana Highlights:
- Crafted of 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Sharp Black Blade with Bamboo Graphic
- Deep Red Embossed Reptile Skin on Saya
- Black Imitation Ray Skin Under Tsuka-Ito
- Checkered Black and Tan Wrapping Cord
- Black Anodized Metal Tsuba and Kashira
- Dragonfly Print on Tsuba and Metal Sleeves
- Total Length: 41 1/2" (approx.)
- Katana Length: 40" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 3/8" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 11 1/8" (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 2 7/8 inches (approx.)
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 7.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 3lbs 1.5oz (approx.)
- Shining Golden Colored Menuki on Handle
- Soft Black Cloth Cover Bag is Included
- Beautiful Katana That Wants to See the World
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org