Gothic Warrior Katana
Some swords are destined for the collection wall, decoratively displayed but in storage, and some are meant to travel alone in a solitary fashion. This high styled katana has a beautiful textured saya that is covered in high quality black synthetic crocodile skin. The sageo wrapping, the part of the scabbard that attaches to your belt or back strap, is tightly wound with a dark red nylon woven cord that pops out against the black matte finish of the faux alligator skin. The tsuka is also wrapped with maroon colored nylon cord, in a traditional tsuka-ito diamond pattern, with black synthetic ray skin covering the inner wooden handle. While parts of this katana are recreations, there is nothing inauthentic about this samurai sword. It wants to slice, but it also wants to keep the piece, and so it waits. But it waits beautifully.
The blade inside of these decorative features is a hand-forged high carbon 1045 steel blade that will slice through paper on the first go. The fine edge has an aesthetic hamon line, a ode to the blacksmiths of feudal Japan that found a way to make their sharpened weapons of war stay sharp for longer. The straight blade also has a blood groove along the spine, called so for the gore it would inflict on those who met their fate by the sword. At 39 inches long and just over 2 pounds, this katana may be your new best friend, easy to transport in the wooden scabbard, lovely to look at seated across from you, and something that will listen to you no matter how weird the conversation gets. The 28-inch blade may even ring out with a song if you give it a tap.
In your office, home, or room, you can display the faux snake skin of this sword on it's own display stand, maybe making your other samurai swords a little envious of how much attention you give to this high carbon steel weapon. Reaching a total of 41 inches, with each end secured with metal brackets, and a packed circle tsuba, or hand guard, the black and red of this katana may match your heart. Or your hair style. There's only one way to find out if this gothic-style samurai blade will fit into your entourage, so take it home to find out!
Gothic Warrior Katana Highlights:
- Quality 1045 High Carbon Steel
- Sharpened Blade with Blood Groove
- Wooden Scabbard with Maroon Sageo
- Black Faux Crocodile Skin Covered Saya
- Aesthetic Hamon Line
- Blood Red Wrapped Wood Handle
- Black Synthetic Rayskin
- Black Circle Design Handguard
- Total Length: 41 inches (approx.)
- Katana Length: 39 inches (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 inches (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 3 inches (approx.)/li>
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 2.2oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2lbs 11.2oz (approx.)
- Brass Colored Dragon Menuki
- Beautiful and Affordable Display Sword
- Black Stand and Soft Cover Bag Included
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com