Chinese Emperor Sword
There are many ancient sword designs that come from Chinese history, but most fall into one of two categories: a jian or a dao. This sharpened high carbon steel sword mostly resembles a dao, and more specifically, a chuanmeidao, which has a straight handle and a straight spine. Specifically, this 27-inch blade is supremely sharp and has some tapering, creating a small belly before slimming down to a pointed tip. There runs a blood groove along the spine of the full sword. For aesthetics, there is about 4 inches worth of saw teeth towards the hilt, but are not designed for actual sawing.
This Chinese-style broadsword is wrathful, in that is has points on all sides! The pommel is crafted from a silhouette of fire, with metal flames coming to sharp points that are both beautiful and dangerous, and about 1.5 inches long. The hilt connection, as there is no real handle guard, is created from the split face of Buddha and a demon, showing the good and bad deities melded together as one. It reaches about 2.25 inches across, so it would block an enemy blade sliding down from your sword, but not from a far range strike. It embodies the yin/yang principle that is born in Chinese history, and is something we can all relate to.
Lastly, the scabbard is a wooden protective cover and case for this sharpened sword, that is wrapped in black pebble faux leather with a red wrapped accent section in the center. This gives you a safe way to transport this imperial weapon, should you need to take it down from your wall and transport it elsewhere. At 2 pounds 7.5 ounces, you can hold this handmade sword up comfortably for pictures and poses while you take a fighting stance! Most of all, you can be reminded of the warriors who have protected the emperor over the centuries, allowing them to rule from dynasty to dynasty.
Chinese Emperor Sword Highlights:
- Overall Length: 40 inches (approx.)
- Blade Length: 27 inches (approx.)
- Handle Length: 9.5 inches (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 2 pounds 7.5 ounces (approx.)
- Total Weight: 3 pounds 0.5 ounces (approx.)
- Sharpened High Carbon Steel Blade
- Wooden Scabbard with Black Pebble Pleather
- Nylon Wrap Twist with Red Pleather Accent
- Pointed Triangle Metal Handguard
- Handguard Decorated with Buddhist Faces
- Sturdy Pointed Fire Silhouette on Pommel
- Excellent Display Weapon with Unique Features
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com