Cherry Blossom Katana
This elegant weapon is crafted with high carbon 1045 steel, which is a steel made to last. The 28 3/8-inch fine edge of the blade will keep cutting much longer and sharper than an overripe counter part. The blade is uniquely anodized with a dark gunmetal finish and decorative cherry blossoms along the blade. These white flowers give a delicate ambiance to this otherwise battle-ready blade, reminding us that darkness never lasts forever.
To house the dark high carbon steel blade, this katan comes with a wooden saya that is curved to match the sword. The outer covering is a bright red pebbled pleather that is soft to the touch. The sageo, or belt wrap, is secured near the top for you to comfortably connect these katanas to your outfit or obi. The thick tan and black cord are wrapped around the scabbard and the handle, or tsuka as well. Protecting your fingers from accidently meeting the blade is a rounded tsuba that is solid metal, all black, and has a dragonfly painted on the side.
Also on the handle are a few menuki pendants that keep the black faux ray skin in place around the wooden handle. These small creatures are emulates of luck, ensuring that you'll have a steady hand in battle. Even though you may just been a steady hand to cut loose a few blossoms from a nearby tree. The handle is about 11 inches long and wrapped with a comfortable tsuka-ito that will stay in place no matter what season you're in. With a total length of about 40 inches, this sword is a great companion for those who love to practice the art of the sword in nature.
This modern samurai sword can also be housed inside on your wall, or among your other sharpened katans. This sword has a unique color palette, a one-of-a-kind blade, and the historically significant theme of a springtime event in Japan. The cherry blossoms show that each new year brings another chance to grow, and that patience brings gifts to those that practice.
Cherry Blossom Katana Highlights:
- Full Tang High Carbon 1045 Steel
- Sharpened Blade with Deep Fullers
- Dark Anodized Blade with White Flowers
- Wooden Saya with Bright Red Pebbled Pleather
- Black Metal Tsuba with Dragonfly Design
- Thick Tan and Black Tuska-Ito Cord Wrap
- Black Imitation Ray Skin Handle
- Brass-Colored Dragon Menuki
- Katana Length: 40" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 28 ⅜" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 11 ⅛" (approx.)
- Total Length: 41 ⅜" (approx.)
- Tsuba Diameter: 2 ⅞" (approx.)/li>
- Katana Weight: 2lbs 6.5oz (approx.)
- Total Weight: 3lbs (approx.)
- Sword Stand Not Included
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email email@example.com