Black Canary Katana (1095)
From its handle to its blade, the details on this high-quality handmade sword are testaments to the fine craftsmanship required to create it. Forged through clay tempering and the maru-kitae method, the sharp 28.5 inch 1095 carbon steel blade has an authentic hamon line down its length. At 40.5 inches long and 2 pounds 8.5 ounces unsheathed, this full tang samurai sword soars and flows gracefully through the air with properly executed techniques. With proper care, the blade on this traditional katana will retain its gleam and shine for years to come.
This Japanese style katana's white ray skin tsuka (handle) is 11.5 inches long with black cloth wrappings to improve the user's grip. Beneath the cotton wrapping, the textured rayskin tsuka is decorated with intricate gold-colored menuki. The matte black tsuba (guard), which is 3.5 inches in diameter, is crafted from iron and is smooth to the touch. On the tsuba is an exquisite bird, feather, and leaf pattern with pristine detail. In addition, the fuchi (hilt collar) and kashira (pommel) of this Japanese style sword are formed from black iron.
When sheathed in its glossy, black lacquered scabbard with black sageo (cords), this authentic katana is 41.5 inches long and weighs 3 pounds 1 ounce. This traditional sword also comes with an ornate sword bag and matching carrying case that are embellished with patterns that resemble Japanese wood carvings. With royal blue fabric adorned with gorgeous, highly detailed gold-colored dragon and flower designs, your sword's beauty will be known whether it is on display with your other katanas, wrapped in its sword bag, or stored in its case lined with copper colored silk and latched shut to preserve its excellent condition.
For a genuine, Japanese style sword that captures the grace of birds and the refined, hand forged artistry of samurai swords, the Black Canary Katana is the perfect katana to add to your collection.
Black Canary Katana Highlights:
- Hand-Forged with Clay Tempered Maru-Kitae Method
- Sharpened 1095 Carbon Steel Blade
- Full Tang and Genuine Hamon Line
- Overall Length Sheathed: 41.5 inches
- Overall Length Unsheathed: 40.5 inches
- Blade Length: 28.5 inches
- Handle (Tsuka) Length: 11.5 inches
- Tsuba Diameter: 3.5 inches
- Total Weight Sheathed: Approximately 3 pounds 1 ounce
- Sword Weight Unsheathed: Approximately 2 pounds 8.5 ounces
- Detailed Black Iron Canary Tsuba
- Gold Colored Menuki (Handle Ornaments)
- Rayskin Tsuka with Black Cotton Cord Wrap
- Black Iron Kashira and Fuchi
- Black Lacquered Scabbard with Black Sageo
- Blue Sword Bag with Intricate Dragon Design
- Carrying Case with Latch Closures and Handle
- Includes Katana Care Kit
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org