Modern Shogun Wakizashi
Drilling with a wakizashi is easier on your joints than a full-sized katana, but you don't have to sacrifice any of the traditional or modern composition. These Japanese-style short swords are made from an oil tempered 65 manganese spring steel, which is not as brittle as some stainless or high carbon steel blades. The mirror finish on the 19.25-inch long blade accentuates the battle-ready edge as well as the pointed samurai tip that will keep it's sharpness for many cuts before you must true it back into shape.
The handle of this well-built wakizashi has a traditional katana ito-tsuka wrap, the customary diamond pattern that shows the black synthetic rayskin underneath, complete with the menuki dragons that keep the tang in place. When you've whipped the blade clean and wish to store it away, you'll have the wooden saya that is fitted perfectly for this blade and wrapped with black genuine leather that is soft to the touch.
These high quality wakizashis have ringlets for straps already connected to the scabbard, so you can attach it to your outfit in anyway you see fit. So long as you can access the handle in a flash! Whether you're training daily for mastery of the sword, or simply beefing up your battle-ready samurai collection, this modern wakizashi is not going to disappoint.
Also available with a black blade.
Modern Shogun Wakizashi Highlights:
- Full Tang 65Mn Spring Steel
- Polished Mirror-Finish Blade
- Sharpened Fine Edge and Pointed Tip
- Black Synthetic Rayskin with Black Wrapping
- Wooden Scabbard with Black Leather Wrap
- Fastening Hooks on Scabbard for Attaching Straps
- Total Length: 29.25" (approx.)
- Blade Length: 19.25" (approx.)
- Handle Length: 10" (approx.)
- Sword Weight: 1 pound 12.9 ounces (approx.)
- Total Weight: 2 pounds 1 ounces (approx.)
- Superb Wakizashi for the Modern Shogun
- We Ship Fast! Most orders ship within the same day (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- $6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping on Orders Under $35
- California Consumers:
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org